Saturday 26 March 2011

Newest Watercolour named Dylan

This watercolour is about 14 x 20 on Arches. It's the first in a series of images showing typically distinct, separate, unrelated individuals within each others bodies, exploring a confrontation between demographics that don't have an established relationship, or usually "keep to their own." My sources are usually from newspapers and magazines. In this one, there is a man pictured in the news for his struggle with obesity, and a woman from the fundamentalist church of latter day saints, a wife of past FLDS leader Leroy Johnson and mother of many, many children. The reasons I put them together are not necessarily known to me, but this confrontation between these two different people looked and felt right.



1 comment:

  1. I had a brillant and witty comment (well I thought so at least!), but managed to fumble around and not figure out how to post my comment - so now you are getting this somewhat less insightful, yet still very sincere comment, GOOD JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete